MANILA, Philippines- The Department of Justice and its attached agencies will release another batch of persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) on October 25, according to Public Attorney’s Office chief Persida Acosta this Thursday.
“We are very optimistic that on October 25, Tuesday, the Department of Justice, the Public Attorney’s Office, BuCor (Bureau of Corrections), Board of Pardons will be able to release again [and Parole],” Acosta said in a public briefing.
“Expect the old people who have been in prison for a long time to be able to go home,” he added.
Prisoners will be released based on parole from the Board of Pardons and Parole, their good conduct time allowance, and those acquitted in court.
“BJMP (Bureau of Jail Management and Penology) jails are also being released every day. So now more people will be released and we will be able to decongest the jails,” he said.
Meanwhile, Acosta said that the PAO is reviewing the recommendation to President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. to grant clemency to more than 300 inmates.
Meanwhile, the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) said that over 350 PDLs were released last month from the New Bilibid Prison, and other prisons. RNT/SA
The post A new batch of PDL will be released on Oct. 25 – Acosta appeared first on REMATE ONLINE.