MANILA, Philippines- The Department of Health (DOH) said this Tuesday that it needs to give the first COVID-19 booster doses to approximately 3.6 million Filipinos in order to reach its PinasLakas campaign target of boosting 30% of the eligible population in within the first 100 days of the Marcos administration.
In a media briefing, DOH officer-in-charge Maria Rosario Vergeire said that at least 3.2 million individuals have been vaccinated with the first booster shot under the government’s PinasLakas campaign so far.
This brings the combined booster tally to 19.7 million individuals, which equates to about 25% of the eligible population.
To achieve the government’s goal of boosting 30% of the target population by October 8, or the 100th day of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s tenure, Vergeire said they still need to boost an additional 3.6 million individuals .
“We said that we have recalibrated and we will try to achieve 30% by October 8. Sa ngayon, we still lack around 5%, which is equated to around 3.6 million that we still need to cover for us to reach the 30%,” sabi ni Vergeire.
In addition, Vergeire said that they also vaccinated more than 42,000 senior citizens with the primary vaccine series under the PinasLakas campaign. About 6.8 million or 78.5% of the eligible A2 population is now fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
“We’ll try to reach also around additional 12% pa…to reach 90% by October 8,” ayon pa kay Vergeire.
The DOH launched PinasLakas in July, which initially aims to provide booster shots to 50% of the country’s eligible population within the first 100 days of the Marcos administration.
The DOH lowered its target to 30% after failing to meet the campaign’s daily goals since it began. Jocelyn Tabangcura-Domenden
The post PinasLakas campaign will be intensified even more – DOH appeared first on REMATE ONLINE.