Area flat-rate all-you-can-ride “mobi” started service on the 1st in Odate City, Akita Prefecture.
“mobi” is a new style of “shared transportation” that replaces conventional walking, bicycling, and driving a car for transportation within a living area within a radius of about 2km. Customers can also request changes or additions to boarding points, making the service more convenient for them. By contributing a fixed amount each month, everyone in the town can use it as if they were sharing multiple chauffeured cars that move as they please. With a flat rate, there is no financial stress, and the whole family can move freely and comfortably, such as commuting to work or school, picking up and dropping off children, shopping, and going out with the family, and can live in their own way.
The Odate version of the mobi project promotion council will implement the co-creative transportation “Odate version of the mobi project” as a “leading symbiotic society host town*”. We aim to create an environment where everyone can easily participate in society by collaborating across industries such as local transportation operators, commercial facilities, and restaurants. In addition to existing public transportation, we will introduce a new mobility service called “mobi” that will be shared by everyone in the city, increasing opportunities to go out and leading to a richer life.
The points of this service are the following three points.
(1) You can easily make a call with an app or phone, and AI routing will take into account the customer’s reservation status and road conditions, allowing you to travel efficiently to your destination while sharing the most suitable route.
(2) The popular subscription plan “Fixed Rate Unlimited Ride Plan” is 5,000 yen for 30 days, and up to 6 family members living together can use it for 500 yen per person, making it easy for families to use. For those who don’t use it often, there is a 6-ride ticket plan of 1,500 yen (valid until February 28, 2023) and a one-time ticket plan of 300 yen per ride (150 yen for children). You can choose a price plan according to your lifestyle.
(3) Boarding and disembarking locations are set within an area with a radius of approximately 2 km, as well as child-rearing-related facilities and commercial facilities outside the area, and there are 267 locations at the start of the service. You can request to add or change the boarding place so that you can use it easily.
We will continue to redesign people’s lives through mobility and create healthy and exciting daily lives with everyone.
*In the wake of interaction with Paralympians, among the local governments registered by the national government (Cabinet Secretariat) as host towns that implement universal design urban development and mental barrier-free efforts toward the realization of a symbiotic society, those It is a municipality that has been certified as particularly leading and advanced in its efforts.
・Service area: Odate city area
・ Service period: October 1, 2022 (Sat)-February 28, 2023 (Tue)
・Service hours: 8:00-19:00
*October 1 (Sat) only 12:00-19:00
・Vehicle: One-box vehicle that can accommodate 8 passengers
1) Flat-rate unlimited ride plan (renewed every 30 days)
1st person ¥5,000/30 days
Up to 6 family members living together can be registered, and each person costs 500 yen/30 days.
(6,000 yen in total for 3 family members, 2,000 yen per person)
*You can try it for free for the first 30 days.
2) Coupon ticket plan (expiration date: from the date of use to February 28, 2023)
6 times ticket 1,500 yen
3) One-time plan
Each ride costs 300 yen for adults and 150 yen for children (elementary school students and younger).
・How to use: App or phone (mobi customer center: 050-2018-0107, business hours: 9:00-19:00)
・Payment method: Credit card, bank transfer (fixed-rate unlimited ride plan, coupon plan only), cash (one-time plan payment only)
Please download the app from below.
For iPhone users:https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/willers-maas/id1471754821
For android users:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.willer.maasapp
*This service is operated by Shuhoku Taxi Co., Ltd., and the app service is provided by Community Mobility Co., Ltd.
Shuhoku Taxi Co., Ltd. is currently applying for approval.